Each of the SACE subjects delivered at Marcellin Technical are designed to promote employability skills and to increase workplace knowledge.
Students develop key skills in literacy and numeracy, critical and creative thinking, collaboration, communication, flexibility, accessing and synthesizing information, self-management, the ability to plan, organise and prioritise work and technical knowledge related to their vocational field.
Students entering Marcellin at our Year 10 HEAD START level will undertake the following subjects:
- Communication (English)
- Plus (Mathematics)
- Discovery (STEM)
- Ready (Personal Learning Plan)
- Whole (Mentoring and Decisions for Life)
- Real (Immersion activities)
The SACE comprises two stages which have been shaped into a holistic and dynamic learning experience at Marcellin. To achieve the SACE a student must gain 200 credits.
Each subject or course successfully completed earns 'credits' towards the SACE. Students receive a final grade from A to E for each Stage 1 subject and from A+ to E for each Stage 2 subject.
The compulsory subjects make up 50 credits:
- Personal Learning Plan 10 credits
- English (Marketing Me and Trade Unit) - literacy requirement - 20 credits
- Mathematics (Essential Mathematics A) - numeracy requirement - 10 credits
- Research Project - 10 credits
Students also need to successfully complete 60 credits of Stage 2 subjects:
- Skills Practical (Community Studies) - 20 credits
- Trade Principles (Integrated Learning) - 20 credits
- Workplace Practices - 20 credits
The remaining credits are gained through:
- VET Training
- Decisions for Life (Integrated Leaning)
- Design in Industry
- Essential Mathematics B
- Workplace Literacy
- Workplace Numeracy
For more information on the curriculum at Marcellin, please download the 2018 Curriculum Handbook.